10 FACTS ABOUT IBOM AIR
1. There is a new airline company in Nigeria. It is called IBOM AIR.
2. Ibom Air is completely owned and operated by the Akwa Ibom State Government and it will provide 400 direct and indirect jobs.
3. Three new aircrafts have been acquired to kickstart the airline. The Canadair Regional Jet aircrafts are currently waiting delivery at Avmax hanger at YYC Calgary International Airport 2000 Airport Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6W5, Canada.
4. Although the airline is exclusively owned by the Akwa Ibom State Government, its management and operations would completely align professionally with world best practices.
5. Ibom Air is run as a limited liability company.
6. Ibom Air will initially operate within Uyo-Lagos- Abuja routes.
7. Akwa Ibom State blazes the trail as the only state in Nigeria to wholly owned and run an airline.
8. Ibom Air planes are adorned in the orange and white colours which is the official colour of Akwa Ibom State.
9. The ground staff, cabin executive, and other newly employed staff are currently on training, to round off in 3 weeks.
10. Ibom Air will commence flight operations after the staff training, test run and when the regulatory authorities have certified it fit to fly in the Nigerian airspace